Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Morning

Hello and happy Monday. I know you don't often hear anyone say happy Monday but I am off from the salon and home with my daughter on Monday's so it is a happy day. She is sitting next to me playing with my car keys, 2 Barbie Princesses and Mickey Mouse figurines.

I wanted to take a second this morning and wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. Especially those who have lost a pregnancy or a child. I follow a blog and they lost their daughter at 4 months old to Sids and I know yesterday was exceptionally difficult.  I was going to do it yesterday but I spent a lovely day going to mass, grocery shopping and then went to my sister's house for a barbecue. It was a great day, daughter and hubby were asleep by 9pm!

I also wanted to take a second and thank everyone who has voted for my pieces in all the challenges I have been in lately. It means SO much to me to have you all take the time to vote. I also wanted to give anyone who has not voted yet or didn't know I was in these contests the links.

So for those of you that have voted already Thank You and you don't have to read on. If you haven't voted yet and would like to here's the info:

I am in the ArtBeads.com make it for mom challenge - voting ends May 10th - with this bracelet:
http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/112034/voteable_entries/21458141?ogn=facebook

It has over 75 hand wrapped dangles in shades of pink and white! The voting is through facebook and all you have to do is visit the link and vote. You can share it on your wall if you would like. I could win $250 and that's definitely a good thing! You do not need to sign up for anything to vote on this challenge.


I am also in Bead Star- voting ends May 17th - in 3 categories. To vote you need to visit the main BeadingDaily.com page and sign up to receive the newsletter. Then visit each of the categories and place your votes. If you like my pieces great! I would really appreciate your vote (my piece in glass is in 3rd place right now!!! SO cool!) if not, place your vote for your favorites in each category. Here's the links...
http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/p/112852.aspx 

 


http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/p/112802.aspx

 

 
 
Thanks SO much for all your support! I know it's a lot of contests and such but I do really appreciate it. The winner of artbeads.com gets $250 and the top winners in Bead Star get prizes and a spot the the Bead Star magazine! 

~Shannon
 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your "make it for mom" piece. ( I know that is such a surprise from me) I did not enter because although Mothers' Day is my day it is still tipped with a bit of sadness as I so miss my mom. I will be checking out all the entrants though. And as far as the Bead Star pieces....well you know how I feel about them! LOL

Karyn said...

Ohhh I love your necklace design with the bird - such a sweet piece. I think they are winners!

Karyn
Australia