Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sheep, Alpacas and Lamas - Oh my!

I am so stinkin' excited. Today and tomorrow is the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY.
We went last year and it was so nice. Less crowded than a regular fair but still had the food and the animals.
The 2012 Featured Artwork is based on original artwork by Susan Harding Merancy. 


My In-Law's are interested in getting some Alpacas, sheep and goats someday so we are going to hopefully take an informational workshop while we are there.
The other reason I am excited is because of the buttons. Yes, I said it, buttons.
They are used to make sweaters open and close hence the reason they are sold at almost every booth at this Festival.
Last year, remember this post? I went nuts. I cannot believe how beautiful these buttons were and so nice to meet the artists in person.
I am even more excited this year because I am working on a collection I am calling "Going in Circles" so buttons are on my list of items I can use in my jewelry which are round :-)
I will post some photos when I get back, I am not sure when I am going but I can't wait!
What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is have fun!
~Shannon

No comments: