Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

01-10-10

I have to thank God and Central Hudson for electricity. Last night while I was getting ready to snuggle into my warm bed our electricity went out. I panicked as I thought about how cold it could get in our house. The only thing I could think about was my little Girl fast asleep (finally) in her crib in the next room. What should I do? Run to my husbands parents? It was 11:30 pm. Pack a bag and go to a local hotel? That would be silly if the electricity came on quickly, plus I would have to wake the baby. Should I grab her and bundle her up and bring her into our bed? That would wake her up. I sat there paralyzed not knowing what to do. I called CH to let them know about the outage and waited and waited. The lights popped back on after 1 am only to snap off at 2 am then back on at 4 am. This woke The Girl up at 4 am, I fed her and crawled back into my bed to get some sleep. The alarm went off at 6 am for church but I checked on hubby who was sick on the couch since 1 the previous afternoon. I decided it would be best to let him sleep and get some more sleep myself.
We are all up now and playing in my well lit and cozy warm house. It is easy to take things for granted so tonight I will say a prayer for all those without the basics and for how blessed we are.

No comments: