Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

and then there were two

Well this is a post I didn't think I was going to be writing so soon.
When my husband came home from work this afternoon he found our dog Hunter a black and white English Pointer had died.
I am still in shock as she showed no signs that she was sick.
I let her out to potty this morning, she ate her food, she pranced and ran around the yard before hubby and I left for work.
I had to tell my 2 year old daughter tonight that her dog died, we both cried.
Hunter was the worst dog ever. When she was a puppy she would eat everything in sight.
She ate the kitchen table and chairs. Not just the legs but the table top too.
One Christmas Eve she ate 5 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips and threw them up all over my house.
She ate the kitchen floor straight through to the sub floor, you could see the basement from upstairs.
She ate every bed we gave her, sponges, plastic cups, stuffed animals, shoes, a plugged in lamp and a package of razor blades!
She was afraid of everything especially thunderstorms.
She was a sweet girl, gentle and affectionate.
We will miss you girl, I hope you running free, chasing squirrels and birds.

14 comments:

Patti Van said...

OMG....I am so sorry, Shannon! I am so sad for you and your family. :(

BahamaDawn said...

YOur Hunter sounds like my Golden Retriever, Maya, that we lost almost 2 yrs ago!! I am so sorry for your loss. it seems the biggest rascals leave the biggest holes in our hearts.

Creative Designs by Cheri said...

So sorry for your loss, pets are part of our families.

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your dog Hunter passing so suddenly, I know that it is hard on you and the family, because although she was a dog she was still a part of your family.
Therese

All Ways Designing said...

It's always heart-breaking to me to hear of someone losing their beloved pet. I'm so sorry for your loss. It must have been difficult telling your daughter, I'm sure.

Hugs to all of you!

♥ Jan

somethingunique said...

Oh it's working now...I am so sorry for the loss of your furry little family member...sad when it happens but so suddenly...I send u guys love and hugs...the little rasskel...Is up with his peeps chasing cats and squirrels ...chewing to his hearts content...and now with his sister too...xox

steufel said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry! It is terrible to lose a loved pet.

Malin de Koning said...

Oh how sad. I am so sorry for your loss. So sorry. Big hugs Shannon! Take care.

Louise said...

Such sad news for me to wake up to Shannon. I am truly sorry for your loss. It's always heartbreaking when we lose a furry friend and as BahamaDawn commented it surely is the most mischievous ones that leave the biggest holes in our hearts. Big hugs go out to you and your family, especially cute little Emily Grace. Hang on to the happy memories. I will be thinking of you <3 x

Metal Me This said...

I'm so sorry, Shannon. :(

lynsey said...

Oh I'm so sad to hear of your loss. It's no where near as close, but we lost our Hamster the weekend just past, so I can sympathize with your feelings. It's always sad when we lose our furry companions, no matter how small or big they are x

Holly said...

{{{hugs}}} thinking of you guys... would say more, but this is still a bit close to home for me, and I know what you're going through right now :(

Courtney said...

I am so sorry. Sending you all hugs.

Maneki said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Pets are truely beloved family members and it's always difficult when they die, not least when it happens so unexpectedly. *hugs*