Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Flap Your Wings

I just spent the last hour watching my daughter napping, crying silently to myself at the news of the passing  my friend and fellow jewelry designer Judith Glende.
When I first heard the news that her cancer was back I never dreamed in a few short months the world would loose such a wonderfully talented soul.
I was inspired by Judy's style and told her so. She helped me find my style and helped me start etching copper, which is something I truly love doing and will be ever grateful for.
I have many of Judy's vintage pieces and when I heard of her passing I went to her shop Flap Your Wings and purchased a pair of earrings that have etched copper in them, something I will always remember her for. I also purchased a few of her hand cut blanks to do my own etchings on.
I wish I had enough money to buy this necklace too:


My Little Scottie Handmade Etched Copper Scottie Dog Asymmetrical Necklace
zoom

































































As some of you know I lost my friend and mentor Tom Holcomb, celebrity nail technician last year.
I have now lost another friend and mentor, Judith Glende.
I had heard once that loosing a loved one is like loosing a limb, you can go on without them but life will never be the same.
My prayers go out to Judy's family and friend's. I am so sorry for your loss.

I will miss you my friend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so sorry for your loss. We take the lessons of our loved ones and hold them close to us. Lovely that you are able to have some cherished items to keep close to your heart. Love and healing.

Rising Designs said...

I'm glad you are able to have the earrings. I think they're the turquoise and copper ones. I love those,too. I bought a MOP belt buckle bracelet and some bunny and chicken blanks instead. Maybe you will give me some pointers on cleaning up the sharp edges?

Shirley said...

I didn't get to know her nearly as well as you, to my regret. But she was always kind and thoughtful to me, which I deeply appreciated. I was wondering if I could still purchase things from her shop. Do you have any idea? Sending you hugs dear.

stacilouise said...

You are such a sweet and caring soul Shannon! Take the time you need to remember these people, and celebrate them, because they were obviously shone brightly, and in that way, they can shine on.