Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Flower Bangle Challenge Blog Hop

Finally I have internet!
Now I can share with you my reveal for the Flower Bangle Challenge.
I was sent a plain bangle and asked to embellish it.
-and embellish it I did!

I started by making my own forged copper headpins. Then I wire wrapped a glass bead and a czech glass flower bead on each of the 27 headpins.
Then I wire wrapped thin copper wire around the bangle adding the wire wrapped flowers and glass beads as I went along. I added 2 of the glass beads and 1 of the flower bead to each section.
When I was done with all of that I could have stopped but there was bare bangle showing between the wire wrapped dangle sections which were begging for embellishment so I wire wrapped teardrop glass seed beads in between each dangle section.















I have left the wire without a patina but I am strongly considering adding it...we'll see :-)

Please stop by the other participants blogs:



Jo Tinley - Daisychain Designs <--our fearless leader
Shannon Chomanczuk - For My Sweet Daughter <--you are here
Jenny Shyme Design
Keri Lee Sereika - Pink Lemonade
Heidi Post - Ex Post Facto Jewelry
Sherri Stokey - Knot Just Macrame





8 comments:

Heidi Post said...

Oh it's pretty - I like your coils and dangles :)

T-Rose Leigh said...

super cute, great work

Therese's Treasures said...

Shannon,
Your bangle rocks, it is so pretty!
Therese

Jo said...

Hi Shannon, I'm so sorry it's taken me until now to leave a comment, but we've had a poorly internet connection most of the day! Typical!

Your bangle is so pretty and delicate! The coils hold everything in place perfectly. I've left the copper wire I used shiny too, as I like the contrast. Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Shannon! I love the bangle - it looks lik eit would be musical to wear:)

Shyme said...

Lovely bnagle! I really like the coiled parts... :)

Tanya said...

I love the dangles and seed beads. I can just hear the jingle the bracelet makes as you move around. :)

kimmykats said...

Wonderful bracelet! I like the contrast between the metals.