I love buttons! I beg friends, family and clients to bring me buttons. I have jars of buttons and I have bought clothes from thrift stores just to cut the buttons off of them.
The task was to send your partner a minimum of 3 bottons.
The goal was to create at least one thing jewelry or not using at least 1 of the buttons.
|I know exactly what this one will become|
|I have no idea what I want to do with these|
I was paired up with Kristie of Artisan Clay to swap buttons with.
Kristie sent me 4 beautiful buttons.
I had an idea for one of the buttons almost immediately but I must admit I ran out of supplies and never made anything with that button. The other two buttons have sat on my table forever and I still don't know what I want to do with them. At first I said earrings but then I thought if I broke them up I could use them in 2 different projects.
Here is what I made with the shank button Kristie sent me.
The funny part of the whole thing is that when I first opened the box I thought to myself what the heck am I going to make with a shank button. I have never used a shank button in my jewelry before.
So I turned said button into a clasp for a monochromatic bracelet in the most beautiful blue color.
I wore this beauty to church a couple of weeks ago (yes I was finished early) and I am in love.
It is comfortable but has some weight behind it.
You know the kind of bracelet you know is still on your wrist.
Thank you for stopping by I hope you like what I made with my button.
Now please visit the other button swappers:
1. Cat - Boo Beads
2. Cindy - Sweet Bead Studio
3. Cory - Art with Moxie
4. Cyndi - Beading Arts
5. Dita - Alankarshilpa
6. Donna, Marti, and Michelle - Beads & Books
7. Erin - Treasures Found
8. Hope - Crafty Hope
9. Inca - Zerenity Design
10. Katrine - Army of Sock Monsters
11. Krista - French Elegant Jewelry
12. Kristie - Artisan Clay <---My partner
13. Linda D. - Lutka and Co.
14. Linda L. - Linda's Bead Blog
15. Lody - Lody's Beadworks
16. Lori - Pretty Things
17. Loretta - Loretta's Boutique
18. Malin - Beading by Malin de Koning
19. Mary - MK's Creative Musings
20. Maryanne - Zingala's Workshop
21. Melinda - Melinda Orr Metal & Clay Jewelry Designs
22. Saskia - Perlendistel
23. Shannon - For My Sweet Daughter <---you are here
24. Shirley - Beads and Bread
25. Stephanie - Confessions of a Bead Hoader