Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Flap Your Wings



Today is the reveal day for the Flap Your Wings blog hop in honor of Judith Glende. 
I have had a hard time creating something with Judy in mind. I am not sure if it is because I am trying to please her or if it is just because she left such an impression on my heart.
I have cut, etched, patina'ed, sealed. waxed, punched, riveted and drilled holes in this pendant and that is as far as I have gotten. I even made 2 of them figuring I would auction one off for charity and the other I would turn into a necklace.
Then when the time came all I could do was sit and stare at them. Would she be proud of what I made?
Would anyone else want to but one? 
So much self doubt entered my head I didn't even take any pictures.
I am going to take pictures in the morning, I promise! 
I may even make a necklace after sleeping on it.
I tend to do my best work in the morning light, before the chaos of the day gets going.

In the meantime please visit the other participants:

3 comments:

Moobie Grace said...

I understand your worries...I had them too, but I'm sure your creation will be beautiful!

Therese's Treasures said...

Shannon,
You always do beautiful pieces. I never knew of Judy, but from what I have read about her, she would have raved about your piece.
Therese

Neena Shilvock said...

fab website and beautiful jewellery, all the best
Neena
from Creative Bead Chat