Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally Friday

fresh picked
Design-Seeds

I had so much fun with this palette. I made this bracelet:



I had so much fun with this bracelet! It all started with the etched copper crown bracelet blank which I made myself. Then I grabbed these fluted vintage lucite clear and gold fleck beads which I wire wrapped.From there I added some copper chain which I wire wrapped glass flower dangles each one has a fluted copper bead too. Then I felt I needed to add a little more color so I wire wrapped the rust colored glass beads.
I finished off the bracelet with a hand forged copper hook clasp and a wire wrapped flower, leaf and rust colored bead.
This bracelet is flirty and fun and makes the greatest jingle when you wear it.

Also, I am working on using a white background for my photos. This has a huge learning curve! What do you think?


Here is the palette for next week:

autumn tones
Design-Seeds

Make and item or choose materials inspired by the palette and write a blog post about it, post the item for sale, or post the item on your website. Add the link to your blog post, shop or website in the comments next week.
The only rule is that if you use the Design-Seeds palette you must link directly to Design-Seeds.com.
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you make!

~Shannon


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bracelet!

Cyndi J said...

Yummy bracelet! And I like the white background and think you did a great job with it. I use white myself but a glossy white (actually a melamine plate). Brandi Hussey's website has great info on using a white background and editing photos.

Alice said...

Big sigh. I missed it again. Friday really snuck up on me what with work, getting ready for the last Bead Soup reveal, and Erin's Challenge of Travel.

Your bracelet is just beautiful! I love the etched link, and the contrast between the lovely lucite beads and the darker flower dangles.

I've always used white for my background (unless the beads are too pale to show up). I love that there are no distractions--just the jewelry front and center. Of course that's just my opinion.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi, I just discovered you Blog as I was Blog Hopping..absolutely love it. You have inspired me to try doing some new things with my bead stash..I will still do seed beading..but I just love what you do. Oh yeah..and you have a beautiful little daughter. Thank you for sharing with us all.
Sandy